When the joint venture was set up, the shareholders – Eni and Q8 – signed shareholders’ agreements to guarantee our refinery:
- long-term competitiveness
- international excellence in health, safety and the environment
- flexibility to be able to process different types of crude oil.
Our governance scheme includes:
- a Shareholders’ Meeting which appoints the Chairman and the Deputy Chairman
- a Board of Directors which appoints, as an expression of the two shareholders, two Chief Executive Officers with equal powers
- a General Director, appointed by the Board of Directors, who is responsible for guiding the company in collaboration with the Department Managers
- a Board of Statutory Auditors, made up of three Standing Auditors and two Alternate Auditors, which carries out control activities.